Saturday, July 18, 2009

Finished painting my house (sort of)



I finished painting the outside of my house, mostly. I just need to fill in the spots that the roller would not paint, I will need to use a sponge to get into the nooks and crannies (textured stucco). Oh yeah, I also need to paint the trim and finish painting my faux wood garage door. I also was able to build 2 shelves for my garage and put up a curtain rod. Since I decided to clean and organize (a month into my vacation) there was a domino effect of obstacles in my way. When I started to paint the outside of my house, I found out I had 2 outside water leaks, one in a faucet and one on the roof, thank the good Lord my friend's husband was able to fix them. One of the times I tried to go outside through my back door and found out the deadbolt would not budge (this sometimes happens when it rains, and we had quite a bit of that). I had to take it apart and grease it, this was done while I watched a video on the net to see how it was done. I am so grateful for the internet. When I was cleaning out my sewing closet, the curtain rod in my other closet fell, so I decided to clean out all three of my closets. I was able to go buy a curtain rod and put it up at the same time getting rid of a pile of clothes. There is actually some good that comes out of obstacles. I also realized the amount of books I had piled up in the closets, even though I have a perfectly spacious built in book case in my living area, so I cleaned out the bookcase and placed the books in it. Now I have to go back and find places for all the stuff I have all over. Right now it looks like pure "foolishness" (I've been watching back to back episodes of "Clean House"). It's hard for me to stick to one thing and finish it, I usually have many things going on at one time, but it'll get done. I'd better go back to the "foolishness". I also took out about 15 wheelbarrows full of rocks from the area near the gas meter.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

It always looks worse before it gets better. Don't lose heart! It will make life so much easier once you're done.